Saturday, February 28, 2009

Twitter

Twitter has a great way of updating an educator with up to the minute information on useful education sites. The sites I have been following, ELLClassroom & Brighthub both provided useful updates including a link to a Schools to Watch conference that one of the "twitters" attended. This is pertinent to my job because I am on the committee for Schools to Watch for my school. At first the information was hard to find & understand, but once I started looking in depth it became easier. One thing that I found easy was looking at the followers of the people I was interested in. I could click on their pages & instantly find someone else with other ideas similar to my interests.

In general, I am pleased with the accounts I have been following, but for a social network among friends and family I find Twitter a bit confusing.

1 comment:

  1. Bridget,
    Looking at the followers of people you are interested in is a great strategy for finding people with similar interests. I plan to update and "clear out" the list of people I follow very soon. Sometimes you need to follow someone for a while to see if you want to keep the contact.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete