Thursday, February 12, 2009

RSS Feeds & Bulletin Board's

Good lord this mod took me a while to figure it out, but once I got the hang of it, I found some great ideas!

The blog that I added & later read was Classroom Displays (http://usefulwiki.com/displays). The addition to this blog that I hope to use in my classroom was the bulletin board display called "No Said" (http://usefulwiki.com/displays/2009-01-09/no-said-high-school-bulletin-board/). This bulletin board is a creative way to encourage diverse vocabulary in the classroom. I plan to use this in my own room ASAP, but instead of said being the word that can't be used, I plan to use "bien." My students are constantly asked "como estas--how are you" & their favorite answer is "bien--good." How boring!! By putting up this bulletin board they are encouraged to use more diverse answers than just good.

I will keep you posted on the results of the bulletin board experiment ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Took me a while to figure this mod out as well. The bulletin boar sounds like a great way to expand the students vocab. Hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget,
    I like the idea you found for expanding the student responses to Como estás? I'm sure they would appreciate having some real alternatives that relate to how they really feel. Maybe then you will need some "rejoinders" if they choose to say they are sad, sick, etc.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete